It seems that summer 2018 is slowly but surely coming to and end. The days are getting shorter and I caught myself shopping for some winter attire again. What a summer it has been. Probably the hottest summer ever and I have my skin to prove it. Because of the many sunny days we’ve had, my skin got dryer than normal. I have a bad habit of not applying sunscreen (most of them are packed with chemicals) but rather opting for natural sunscreens. And you’ll usually find me chilling in the shade in stead of baking in the sun. I do love natural oils because they also contain a light amount of sunscreen to protect your skin. Next to my all time favourite rosehip oil by the award winning skincare brand A’kin I also started tested their intensive hydrating day and night creme. This to give my summer skin an extra boost. Want to know more about this dynamic Australian duo? Keep on reading my dear.
When it comes to a healthy diet and skincare I am quite the tree hugger. Everything needs to be as natural as possible, organic and of course not tested on animals. That is why I love the rosehip oil by the organic Australian skincare brand A’kin. As a skincare products lover I’ve tried many different products but this oil is still on the number one spot. It is free of parabens, sulphates, silicones, mineral oil, artificial colors and fragrances. It does contain omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids, it diminishes scars and fine lines and nourishes and repairs the skin. When we get to rest during flights I always apply a few drops before sleeping. The rosehip oil is so light I also use it under my eyes and even on my fro. As a result: hydrated skin even on ten thousand feet, love it!
After probably the hottest summer ever and my work environment (on an airplane) not being the best circumstances for healthy skin, my skin was in desperate need of some moisture. Next to downloading an app which reminds me when to drink water (yes, I need that) I also needed some help externally. To support the rosehip oil I started testing the intensive hydrating day and night cream by A’kin. The rich cream contains shea butter, jojoba oil, avocado oil, vitamin B5, vitamin E and can be used during the day as well as night #travellight. During the day I would apply a thin layer before applying makeup. At night I’d use it as a mask and apply a richer amount. Just like A’kins other skincare products, free of rubbish. Suitable for dry, very dry, sensitive and mature skin.
Some more tips on how to get your skin back in shape:
- in stead of using a regular cotton pillowcase try using a silk one in stead. Not only better for your hair but it prevents you waking up with a complete map on your face
- even better: try sleeping on your back, it’s also better for your décolletage
- use an alcohol free toner, alcohol dries out your skin
- a green juice a day, keeps the botox away
- goes without saying but protect your skin from the sun as much as possible (number one cause of skin aging). Want that sun kissed look? A bronzing powder or BB cream will do the trick
- smoking? Never made anyone prettier
- still see a lot of ladies working out with makeup on. This will clog your pores and make you break out
- speaking of: did you know that regular work outs stimulates the production of collagen?
Want to find out more about A’kin natural skin care products, check it out right here!